Sunday, April 15, 2007

The search continues

I tried this Gymboree class today and I was definitely under-impressed. There were at least 10 toddlers in the class, each one accompanied by 2 adults. This means teachers have to yell songs about Gymbo the clown at the top of their lungs and equipment use is crowded. I was stressed out (I have a very low threshold for large crowds), although Sophie was generally bemused at this all. I half expected her to start crying like a couple of the kids in the class, but she was just wide-eyed and taking it all in (maybe she's just in shock!). I think she enjoyed the bubble-maker, so possibly I will buy one of them. I guess we aren't going back because my nerves can't take it, and the class requires at least one parent to be there. They don't allow you to delegate to the nanny.

Tommorrow morning we are going to get shots and then have a quiet day at home. I am trying to shift Sophie's sleep times in preparation for her going to school. She currently sleeps from 6:30pm to 6:30am with a twice a day nap habit. I am trying to go down to just one nap in the afternoon. But I can't seem to get rid of her morning nap. Anyone following a sleep book is invited to email me your bright ideas.

We have a trial class ivy bilingual scheduled at 9:30am on Tuesday and I will record my impressions for further review later.

No comments: