Wednesday, January 31, 2007

And Now what?

I hadn't blogged about this because it was all under discussion still. But I GOT IT!

I am pretty proud of myself because I pitched for a freelance piece of work (of a kind that I have never done before) and I did get it (or maybe it is because my rates are so darn low!)...

Anyway I got this piece of work but (as usual!) it is a rush job and they want the first drafts out by 15 Feb. Which kinda messes up my plans to go to Korea to spend time with my parents.

I don't know if I should accept it or not, so I am still thinking about it. The pay is kinda low, and I have to change my travel plans because of this. But on the other hand, it is something I've never done before, so since they are considering me on a "trial" basis I guess I can raise the price for future work if we are all happy with each other.

I can't really talk too much about it because I've signed a non-disclosure agreement, but it has to do with raising capital for a business. So I guess I can introduce myself as a "consultant"!

Hmmmm... Thinking very hard. I miss my husband because usually decision-making is alot easier when you have someone to bounce ideas off.

3 comments:

mini said...

congrats!!! you consultant you! :))

go for it, if it isn't too expensive to change travel plans at this point.

~e~ said...

congratulations!! this is all so exciting! :)

rene said...

I would say, go girl!! Don't miss the opportunity!