Wednesday, January 17, 2007

It has been crazy here

The first China lesson we learned was that contracts are not worth the paper that they are written on.

Our (ex) landlord just merrily informed our relocation agent that he decided to rent to somebody else, and so we can't move in any more, after all our planning and arrangements (even our Economist subscription has been changed!) revolved around his appartment.

I was mad. So mad. then kinda philosophical about it. At least we now know that he is evil before we started living in his house. It just means we are back to appartment hunting again, which totally sucks. So I was feeling abit sorry for myself because I have to be a single parent (Fabien is travelling this week) and look for an appartment as well.

Then I got news from Caroline - one of my oldest friends from Singapore (we were best friends in primary school!).

Her son Joshua was born 3 weeks before Sophie, and we had been in regular contact via email and skype. Then she moved back to LA and there was radio silence, so after a respectable settling in time, I emailed her to ask why she's been so quiet. Then she told me that her son got Kawasaki Disease, and they spent a long time in the hospital with him, and now they are taking care of him at home.

And then I felt like my problems were so trivial and insignificant.



It is for moments like these - with my darling, her daddy and duck, that I feel like the luckiest person in the world.

i am truly blessed and for this I am thankful.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sending prayers and thoughts for Joshua's recovery! And a big hug to you, dear Sharon....yes, it's not the end of the world, perhaps, but loosing the apartment does pretty much suck!! I hope you find something wonderful and very soon, too!
much love!

B.Karen Goh MM said...

Yeah sometimes it takes something like this to realise and appreciate how lucky we are. Hope u find an apartment soon.

Anonymous said...

i came across your blog accidentally and found the read intriguing. great blog, hope you settle in nicely with your family soon. btw, what is the name of your wedding photographer in spore? do they have a website? the pictures are great!

S* said...

Thanks for your prayers Laurie! Joshua is much much better now. They are doing great in LA.

Karen- I was just trying to find your blog the other day, so lucky you left another comment soon! How is your tooth holding up?

Hi Anon - my wedding photographer in Singapore was Chi Kuang. He was with "pentaserve photography" at that time, but I think he has branched off now. If you are looking for a photographer, email me, and I can try look for his email/hp number.

B.Karen Goh MM said...

Nobody really knows the tooth's been patched up, so that's good. I dun feel any pain, so i hope the tooth won't be dying anytime soon. Just got to be careful not to do any apple crunching or melon seed (kway chee) shell peeling on the mended tooth, esp during the chinese new year period!