Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Eileen was here


Eileen came to Turin for Sophie's tea party and it was great to catch up with her. She stayed with Gina which was great because that way, my old friend from Singapore could meet my new friend from Turin.

She's left me lots of great books that I've been wanting to read for the longest time like "The World is Flat" (although I think Thomas Friedman is a bit of a zionist). And bought a Beatrix Potter collection of rag books for Sophie.

It's nice to see my friends here because we are leaving for Beijing in Jan 2007. Yep it's confirmed (with much nostalgia) - we go to France for Christmas, and then leave from there to go to Beijing.

I don't have our contact details yet for Beijing, but will put it up once I get there.

2 comments:

Gia-Gina said...

I can't believe you are leaving, it's so sad. The Sprog, if he is a boy won't get to have his first girlfriend and crush on Sophie.

mini said...

wow already? i'm hoping to make a trip to china sometime in the next year so perhaps we'll finally get to meet up :)