Sunday, March 27, 2005

Happy Easter!

It is Easter Sunday today in Singapore. In Britain this is also Mothering Sunday, or Mother's day. Apparently the tradition started because child labour was common following the industrial revolution, and employers would give children the weekend off to go home for Easter. So the children would pick flowers along the roadside to give their mothers and the reunited family eats cake to celebrate. Happy story. But how much have we progressed since then?

I have had the last 2 weeks of goodbye lunches and dinners. I actually cannot wait to leave and lose weight.

oh yes - I passed my DM swimming test yesterday. This is good, because I don't want to have to take the swim test in Turin. Check out the weather report . Yucks 19 degrees in the day and zero degrees at night, but the worse part is - it is raining

No comments: