Saturday, May 05, 2007

Korean Baths

I had a Korean Hot Spring Bath yesterday. I feel completely relaxed now. You have to have Absolutely no body issues, and walk around stark naked once you get into the women's room.

You feel like a baby being scrubbed because there are these massage beds covered in plastic sheeting, and you lie on them whilst a plump Korean lady in her underwear will massage you with what looks like Brillo Pads! Then slather you with soap and splash alternating hot and cold water your tingling skin.

It's great, and you pay about only 18 USD for the experience. Nobody speaks English so you have to get by with alot of finger-pointing and "sorry-i-am-an-idiot-foreigner" grins.

3 comments:

rene said...

exactly what i need!!!

Ex Night Queen said...

I had to bathe in front of my Thai masseuse....and when she saw my discomfort, she told me not to worry cause she sees all sorts of bodies everyday. I told her I don't bathe in front of all sorts of people everyday....and she left the room. Then she entered when I was done and massaged me - and I had to be sans clothes. I was like...oh well.

mini said...

i need one of them massages...