Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Weekend on Tuesday

Surprise! Fab snuck back from Chang Chun yesterday. He took a day off whilst explosions were going on in his office so that he could spend some time with Sophie and me before we disappeared to Singapore for Chinese New Year.

It was blissful. A weekend on Tuesday. Not a single parent anymore. Sophie had Grandma, Mama and Papa lining up to pick her up and play with her - boy, is our kid a princess!

We hung out with Sophie all day, let her skip naps (my bad, but this is a really special ocassion). My mum offered to babysit and husband and I went out for dinner at Souk (a cute little North African place near our home) despite gale force winds. Sophie took her first steps supported by her Papa dearest, she obviously still recognised him and was so excited to see him again.

His 20 stolen hours passed too quickly. And Fab had to go back to Chang Chun after his 20 hour "weekend", and I have to be back to my bloody looming project deadline.

And of course we miss him like mad. But I am glad I have to rush this piece of work, somehow that takes the sting out of it a little.

1 comment:

~e~ said...

aww... that was so sweet of him! :) Hang in there, dearie, I know you'll be able to meet the deadline. Can't wait to catch up with you and Sophie next week!