Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The Makan List

Apart from the normal chaos which is about moving house, there are special considerations when you make an international move. In an ideal world, the large MNC which is moving you and your family is supposed to take care of all of this, but of course if we left it to the HR department who knows where we would end up. At some point I am going to dedicate one special bitch about HR departments in general!

This week's reasonable goal is to find out from the Italian Embassy whether I can learn how to drive there, and trying to get my textbooks before school starts. Crash course in Italian would be nice as well. I think I am jealous because it is so much easier for Fabien to learn Italian with a French mother tongue than it is for me. Oh well, I guess I will have to learn to speak HAND instead.

Right the other thing is to tick off the Makan List. I have decided to eat all these things on the Makan List before leaving Singapore... Did I miss out anything?

Laksa at Katong
Char Kway Teow at Zion Rd
BBQ Sting ray and chicken wings Chomp chomp (Serangoon Gardens)
Champagne Sunday Brunch at the Ritz Carlton on 27 March (last day in Singapore)
Mortons at Oriental
Keiyaki at Pan pacific
Curry Puff in Changi Village
Bak Kut Teh at Balastier
Soya Sauce Chicken Noodle in Chinatown
Sebastiens at Greenwood Ave
The fish head curry place near Pierce Road
Drink at Handlebar

No comments: