Thursday, June 05, 2008

Overheard...

Sophie and her parents were walking around Roma lake in Shun Yi. Suddenly she stops and her parents look expectantly wondering if she is going to announce that she needs a bathroom. But she pauses and looks like she is listening for something.

(*translated from chinese)
Is that my cell phone? Oh, sorry I have to take this call. (mimes taking a phone out of her pocket)
Hello? Hello? I cannot hear you the reception is bad... Can you call back later? I am out with my Papa and my Mama. We are at the park. Thank you.

Then our kid calmly resumes the walk with her parents.

At this point Fabien and I are laughing so hard that we forgot to take a camera to record all this. In retrospect I wish I did, because it's this kind of priceless moment which we will cherish for a really long time, and this blog is the closest approximation to a record that I will have.

Later on, I ask her who phoned? And she said it was "Mr Horse". Apparently horses have their own cell phones. And they tend to be in areas of low reception.

I know why people have kids. So they never need to watch TV again - ever. There is simply no substitute for this kind of entertainment.

4 comments:

mini said...

OMG lol ...she's too cute!!!!!! I can't stop laughing. u need to write it in mandarin for the full effect :)

~e~ said...

heheheheh... yes yes.. i had trouble figuring out all the chinese words! what's "reception" in mandarin?

sohcool said...

That is so funny. Thanks for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...

Sophie's Mandarin must be better than mine!!! She's so cute...