Wednesday, December 19, 2007

ONE DAY MORE!!

I am rapidly clearing my desk, kissing my parents goodbye and getting on a plane tommorrow to see Sophie and Fab and all my French family in 24 hours!

This weekend I will see many Francophone friends whom I met over last weekend in Beijing! We had a fantastic weekend together drinking, clubbing and partying till dawn (ahh... the joys of single life) and we will do it all over again in this weekend on the other side of the world because they are all attending the same wedding in Belgium!

I had a wonderful single life hanging out with my parents, going to a great art exhibition (where I almost parted with my life savings for a painting), enjoyed a Kunqu Opera, and now I am ready to fly over to France - loaded with presents.

It's a season of Veblen curve consumption, but hey let's not be too cynical about it all. Peace and Goodwill and love to all men and women and children and small fluffy animals - especially the one on our plate....

Big big kisses to you all and I hope you have a loved one in one hand and some hot chocolate in the other.

4 comments:

jeannie said...

merry christmas! we're going for kait's first fancy dress party this christmas - looking forward.

mini said...

So exciting...MERRY CHRISTMAS !!! xoxo

Michael Low said...

Blessed Christmas and hugs to you too! and you and Ash finally get to meet! I still think that's so cool, that two of my friends from Singapore in totally unconnected circles are getting together in Paris after having met online...ah, what a wonderful cyber-world!

sohcool said...

Yes yes, Ash will meet Sharon and family on 30/12. Photos will be taken to show Michael. You agree, Sharon?