Wednesday, August 03, 2005

This Man is a Lifesaver

As you may or may not know, I am considering taking this exam in Econs in October this year. The reason why I am still undecided is because it is Bloody Too Much Work for a lousy entrance exam. Because IF (that is a very big IF anyways) I get in, it means that I have to write this Frigging Long dissertation which is probably not going to be worth the paper it is printed on. There are no two ways about that dissertation, if not you have to return the grant money that you probably long spent on ciggarettes and alcohol. The point is that I dunno if even want to spend the next 3 years of my life committed to that.

Despite the indecision, I have made the discovery of the week - a WONDERFUL website by this dude called Karl. It is the only thing which allows me to make sense of my current econs study. It is not so hard actually, kind of like A level econs but with more calculus and statistics involved. The problem for me is that I remember sod-all stats and calculus.

Once the maths starts to make sense (with a bit of help from Karl) then I must admit that econs is really pretty fascinating stuff, and I am enjoying learning something just for the pleasure of doing it . So yeah, maybe if I feel like I have managed to cover the syllabus before October then I will go take the 2 sets of 3 hour papers (with an oral exam at the end of the day!). And if I do not cover the syllabus, then I will come back and angst on this blog about what a failure my life has been - you have been warned dear readers that there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth...

No comments: